Aug 10, 2009

Chicken Skewers with Lemon Dill Marinade.



I'm having family over since last week, and I am so behind with my posts, But I'm having fun.
Today my mom came over from Chicago, she's going to be here for a week. Yay! I love when my mom comes over, I feel like a kid again. Plus she is the best cook ever. I wonder how many people think that about their mom, probably everyone. LOL.
Anyway back to my post. Lemon! I use lemon in every dish I can get away with, especially in marinades. This marinade includes one of my favorite herbs too dill. Its great for summer, works for chicken or also for fish. I used it for chicken breast this time. I paired the chicken with grape tomatoes( from my garden) and with red pepper.
I served the dish with herbed rice and green salad.


Lemon dill marinade ( for 6 chicken breasts, about 900 g or same amount of fish, bass works really nice)
10-12 grape tomatoes ( optional )
1 large red pepper cubed ( optional)


1. 1/4 cup Lemon juice (fresh or from the bottle)
2. 2 tbsp light olive oil or vegetable oil
3. 3 tbsp fresh dill chopped
4. 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
5. 2 tbsp lemon zest
6. 1 tsp sweet paprika ( if not available any kind will do)
7. 1/2 tsp salt


To make the marinade. Place all the ingredients ( 7 ingredients) in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.



Cut the chicken into cubes. Place in a mixing bowl and pour the marinade over it. Cover and refrigerate for at list 1 hour turning occasionally.


Soak the skewers in water for 10-15 minutes. Place the chicken on the skewers alternating with tomatoes and red pepper.


Grill on an lightly oiled grill for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is done.


Served with your favorite side dish. Little Chef, is enjoying his skewer. Patience is a virtue after all. He doesn't have it.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skewers are so much fun! Love the pic of your son(?) biting in his skewer... :) Love the combination of lemon and dill...

Laura said...

Thank you Andrea,
Yes that's my son Alex, also known as Little Chef.

Cookin' Canuck said...

This sounds delicious! Have you ever used smoked paprika in the marinade?

Laura said...

No, I didn't. But I think it would be delicious. I grew up with hungarian paprika ( or sweet paprika). so I'm used to it.

Anonymous said...

hi laura.
this looks delicious.the kids must be happy to spend some time with their grandmother.(ofcourse u too.)
thanks 4 sharing.
love&tc.
rekha.

Laura said...

Hi Rekha,
Thanks for the comment. Yes the boys are very happy and so am I.

Related Posts with Thumbnails