Jun 12, 2009

Oatmeal and Honey Muffins

Today I was tweaking my blog for most of the morning. I hate doing that, I'm not very good with codes and pasting so I gave up for today. I decided to do something that I enjoy for a change, like baking.
The kids were just as happy, they decided that some muffins are the perfect remedy for my stressful morning at the computer. Baking always relaxes me. So we baked some muffins, and the bread is still rising.
If you like muffins, those are great. Not very sweet, but soft.





Ingredients:


Oatmeal 1 cup (125 g)
Milk 1 1/2 cups (375 ml)
All-purpose flour 2 cups (250 g)
Baking powder 1 tbsp
Brown sugar 1/2 cup (115 g)
Egg 1
Honey 1/4 cup (90 g)
Butter melted 5 tbsp (60 g)




Preheat the oven to 375˚F. line a muffin tin with paper or silicon cases.
Put the oatmeal in a bowl and pour the milk over. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Beat the egg with the melted butter and honey until well blended.
In a separate bowl sift the flour with the baking powder and mix in the brown sugar, make a well in the center and add the egg mixture and the oatmeal and milk mixture.
Stir until just combined , the bater should be slightly lumpy.
Spoon the batter into the muffins cases and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before you remove to the cooling rack.
Serve warm.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails