Jun 9, 2009

Cheesy Pizza Casserole.

I love casseroles. They are fast, easy, and delicious. I should probably call it cheesy pasta casserole but my boys love anything that has the word pizza in it. So I call it cheesy pizza casserole. That "pizza" word gets me that great smiles and "Cool mom" expression.
I love being the cool mom.




Ingredients :


Penne Rigate (or your favorite pasta) 3 cups uncooked
Cooked chicken breast 1/2 lb ( or any other left over meat)
Tomato pasta sauce (any variety ) 1 jar. I used Tomato -Alfredo by Classico .
Shredded mozzarella cheese 1 cup.




Heat oven to 350˚F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on the package.
Pour pasta in a oven proof casserole (ungreased ).


Add the chicken cut in bite size pieces. Or you can add cubed ham, cooked ground meat etc...
Pour the jar of sauce over it. Then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes uncover and sprinkle the cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
Serve warm.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails