This recipe is especially for my friend Rekha. I wasn't sure if I should post it, it's that easy to make. No step by step pictures because are only two steps to make it.
But Rekha kept asking when am I going to post it, so I change my mind, and because Kenny ( her son) is my son's Cass best friend and incidentally when it comes to food they like the same things.
So here it is the very easy chicken rosemary with potatoes.
- For about 2 lb. of boneless chicken tights or chicken drumsticks.
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 5 Yukon golden potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock ( made from bullion or cub works)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika ( or any kind of paprika) smoked paprika is available at Bulk Barn ( for Canadians)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
Peel and cut the potatoes in small cubes. Trim the chicken tights of any visible fat.
In an oven save dish, add the potatoes and chicken tights.
Add the olive oil, the juice from the lemon, sprinkle rosemary, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
Bake in the oven uncovered for 20 minutes. Add the 1/2 cup stock and gently toss, making sure that you turn the chicken pieces. Bake for 15 more minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender.
If you are using chicken drumsticks increase the baking time to 30 minutes than add the stock and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more.